We believe that our uniform helps to achieve a sense of belonging and pride in our Academy. It also helps to prepare a child's mind for learning. We expect all students to attend the Academy in the correct uniform.
Thomas Hepburn Community Academy uniform currently consists of:
- Academy Blazer - with Academy logo, purple for lower school and grey for upper school
- Academy Tie - purchased from Academy
- White shirt / blouse with a stiff collar
- Plain black tailored trousers or skirt only - trousers must not be denim, skin tight fashion trousers, cord, low rise, leggings or footless tights
- Footwear - plain black footwear, no obvious branding, black canvas is permitted.
- Socks - plain black or white, no knee length socks should be worn.
- Tights - black or skin coloured.
- Coats - plain coat - coats are not to be worn inside the Academy building.
In addition, the Academy has the following expectations:
- Hair - natural colours only and no inappropriate styles (we reserve the right to judge each individual case)
- Jewellery - no jewellery with the exception of a wrist watch. This means no nose studs, facial piercings, earring, chains, necklaces, bracelets or anklets.
- Nails - clear nail varnish or french tips allowed but no coloured varnish. Students will be expected to remove any coloured varnish before entering the Academy.
- Make-up - natural looking foundation only, no false eye lashes or eye lash extensions. Students will be expected to remove any excess make-up before entering the Academy.
Students must wear full Academy uniform at all times when they are within the Academy or on and Academy visit, unless otherwise stated. Any student that does not comply with all of the above uniform expectations may not be allowed to enter the Academy and may be asked to return home until they are wearing correct uniform.
The blazers and ties are available to order at Elizabeths Embroidery (password is THCA).
We are a health promoting Academy and expect all studentsto take part in Physical Education lessons. Students can be excused on the production of a note from their parent/carer if they have a medical reason which prevents them from taking part in a physical activity. Obviously, certain medical conditions supported by a Doctor's certificate/letter exempt the student concerned.
Students should have the following kit for every Physical Education lesson:
Light blue polo shirt or Black Academy PE shirt
Black or White sports socks
Inclement weather kit may also be worn but is not compulsory;
Plain Black or Navy Blue sweatshirts
Fleece or rain jacket
All PE kit is available in most supermarkets or high street shops.
We expect all students to arrive at the academy fully equipped every day. Learners should carry: