We believe that our uniform helps to achieve a sense of belonging and pride in our academy. It also helps to prepare a child's mind for learning. We expect all students to attend the academy in the correct uniform.
Thomas Hepburn Community Academy uniform currently consists of:
- Academy blazer - with academy logo, purple for Years 7, 8 & 9 and grey for Years 10 & 11
- Academy ties - purchased from the academy
- White shirt with a stiff collar
- Plain black tailored trousers or skirt only - trousers must not be denim, skin tight fashion trousers, cord, low rise, leggings or footless tights
- Footwear - plain black footwear
- Socks - plain black or white, no knee length socks should be worn
- Tights - black or skin coloured
- Coats - plain coat - coats are not to be worn inside the academy building
In addition, the academy has the following expectations:
- Hair - natural colours only and no inappropriate styles (we reserve the right to judge each individual case).
- Jewellery - no jewellery with the exception of a wrist watch. This means no nose studs, facial piercings, earrings, chains, necklaces, bracelets or anklets.
- Nails - no coloured nail varnish or false nails of any description. Students will be expected to remove nail varnish before entering the academy.
- Make-up - natural looking only, no false eye lashes, no eye lash extensions, no HD eyebrows and no coloured lip stick. Students will be expected to remove any excess make-up before entering the academy.
Students must wear full academy uniform at all times when they are within the academy or on an academy visit, unless otherwise stated. Any student that does notcomply with all of the above uniform expectations may not be allowed to enterthe academy and may be asked to return home until they are wearing the correctuniform.
The blazers and ties are available to order at http://www.elizabethsembroidery.com(password is THCA).
We are a health promoting academy and expect all students to take part in Physical Education lessons. Students can be excused on the production of a note from their parent/carer if they have a medical reason which prevents them from taking part in a physical activity. Obviously, certain medical conditions supported by a Doctor's certificate/letter exempt the student concerned.
Students should have the following kit for every Physical Education lesson:
- Plain black polo shirt or black academy PE shirt
- Black shorts
- Black or white sports socks
Inclement weather kit may also be worn but is not compulsory;
- Plain black or sweatshirts
- Black tracksuit bottoms
- Fleece or rain jacket
All PE kit is available in most supermarkets or high street shops.
We expect all students to arrive at the academy fully equipped every day. Students should carry:
- Pencil case
- Reading book